Thursday, August 20, 2009

Correspondence from Congressman Mica

Dear Mr. Wehrli:

Thank you for contacting me with regard to H.R. 1203, the Federal and Military Retiree Health Care Equity Act. It is good to hear from you and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Like you, I understand the benefits of having one's health insurance premiums paid on a "pre-tax basis". As you may know, H.R. 1203 would, amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow federal, civilian and military retirees to pay health insurance premiums on a pre-tax basis and to allow a deduction for Tricare supplemental premiums. As your Representative in Congress, it is important for me to hear your views. Please know that should H.R. 1203 come before the House, I will carefully consider your comments.

Thank you again for your correspondence and please do not hesitate to contact me again with this or any other issue of interest to you.

Cece Dougherty said...

I'm glad Rep. Mica read your letter and answered it. Too often a form letter is returned covering a similar subject but not quite what you wrote about.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Rep. Mica read your letter and answered it. Too often a form letter is returned covering a similar subject but not quite what you wrote about.

    ReplyDelete

** To post a comment select "Name/URL" from the "Comment as" drop down menu below and provide your name. **