Tuesday, August 25, 2009

REQUEST FOR TALENT



I have one request and one announcement.

Please reply if you have any special talents such as playing the piano, singing, story telling, dance, theater, a special skill as computer, photography, crafts or experiences as predicting weather, an interesting assignment over seas, or what ever. It is my guess that most of us have several of these talents, skills or experiences. Please at least share the description with me. Why? I am never sure what someone might ask me for. As an example, Ms. Carter, the Editor of the NARFE magazine ask me if we had any artists as members of the Chapter and would I share these names with her. Immediately I thought of Cece Dougherty and Trish Vevera. Let’s hope one or both can in some way assist Ms. Carter. If the Chapter has more artists and you know a name, please reply and call me at 441-9250.

Thanks to John Lowe’s efforts the Florida Federation has granted the Chapter $200 to help support the Senior Expo. on November 4and 5 of 2009 at the Daytona Ocean Center.

We are very pleased and honored with the trust that the Federation has expressed by supplying this grant to the Chapter. We have done an excellent job in the past and I am counting on a similar experience this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

** To post a comment select "Name/URL" from the "Comment as" drop down menu below and provide your name. **